GCC Core Statement of Faith:
At Grace we understand that there are Christians who believe in the authority of scripture who may have differing views on certain non-essential issues. Therefore we understand that not everyone who is a part of the GCC family personally ascribes to every aspect of the GCC Full Statement of Faith. They are able to abide by that full statement, but may not agree with every detail contained within it. To “abide” means that a person will not teach that which is in opposition to the doctrinal positions of the church, nor communicate contradictory views in a divisive way.
In order to maintain our commitment to be unified in the essential beliefs of basic Christianity and to allow liberty in those that are non-essential, we require all members to acknowledge the following 12 core beliefs drawn from the full Statement of Faith. All are welcome to fellowship at Grace Community Church, however, those wishing to be members must not deny or reject these 12 core doctrinal positions:
- That God is eternally one being in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who has revealed Himself in scripture and through the life of Jesus.
- That Jesus, born of a virgin, is fully God and fully man.
- That Humanity is fallen by nature and is in need of salvation.
- That salvation is by grace through faith alone, so that faith in Christ, His death and resurrection, is the only means by which a person is made right with God.
- That the Holy Spirit indwells all who are believers in Christ Jesus.
- That all believers are members of the universal church which is the Body of Christ.
- All believers are to be baptized in obedience to Christ’s command.
- That the Bible is inspired, inerrant in its teaching, and the ultimate authority of our beliefs and actions, requiring believers to conform their lives and the church to conform its proclamation and practices to its teaching.
- That humanity is made in the image of God and that all human life is valuable to Him and should be viewed as sacred.
- That humanity was created as man and woman and that marriage is ordained by God as a covenant between one man and one woman. Any intimate sexual activity outside of marriage is a violation of God’s standards.
- That a time is coming when God will judge all people, the believer to reward them for their faithfulness and the unbeliever to punish them for their sins.
- That Jesus will return bodily to establish His kingdom.